We are looking for an ambitious candidate to join the restaurant team at the well-known fairytale hotel Dalen Hotel.
Dalen Hotel located in the heart of Telemark is a unique adventure hotel from 1894 built in the Norwegian dragon style. With 49 rooms, a majestic hall, historic lounges and a fine dining restaurant in original condition, Dalen Hotel is one of Norway's most distinctive hotels. The hotel is open seasonally from April to October and has its high season during the summer months. Since the hotel's opening in 1894, Restaurant Bandak has had French cuisine on the menu and a classic serving style to meet the needs of Europe's travellers that frequented the hotel. The restaurant experience is still one of the great highlights for guests visiting the iconic Dalen Hotel.
As a waiter you will be delivering a high-end classic dinner service with set menus of four or six dishes that are served in the main dining room, à la carte and afternoon tea on the terrace during lunch hours and breakfast service.
Restaurant Bandak is a gourmet restaurant with high ambitions where classic French cuisine is served with local products from Telemark and Norway. Our hotel breakfast is served both with a small buffet and as à la carte. Lunch and the gorgeous afternoon tea are both served in the salons and on the terrace overlooking lake Bandak and for dinner we serve set menus in the grand dining room.
- Experience as waiter from fine dining is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Knowledgeable and interested in food and drinks
- Good collaboration skills and is solution-oriented
- Structured and responsibile
- Fluent in English
- Genuinely interested in creating the best guest experience
What we offer
- An exciting work environment on one of Norway's most famous and renowned hotel
- The possibility to work with a highly professional and motivated team
- Affordable staff housing and competitive conditions
- Staff benefits at NHG´'s hotels, and at De Historiske Hotel
- Good development and career opportunities in a growing company
- Work in what might be Norway's most beautiful surroundings
The hotel is owned by Norwegian Hospitality Group AS, which also owns and operates 8 other hotels in the Oslofjord region and Strömstad in Sweden. After the end of the season at Dalen Hotel there are good opportunities to continue your career within the company.
Starting date: 11.04.2023
End date: 11.10.2023
More information regarding this position and all other vacant positions on our webpage.