Dalen Hotel – The boat enthusiast – 3 nights
Experience both historical canal boats of the Telemark Canal and a two-night stay at the fairytale hotel Dalen Hotel.
This is an experience you won’t easily forget. Start your day at the hub of the Telemark Canal, Lunde locks. The journey starts sailing up to Kjeldal and Hogga locks, and from there you will experience the narrow rivers and the wide lakes.Enjoy good food and beverages and let yourself be seduced by the beautiful scenery that glides by and changes from the lush agricultural landscape to the high mountains.Let yourself slip into the bubble of historic luxury at Dalen Hotel. Here you will be served...
This is an experience you won’t easily forget. Start your day at the hub of the Telemark Canal, Lunde locks. The journey starts sailing up to Kjeldal and Hogga locks, and from there you will experience the narrow rivers and the wide lakes.
Enjoy good food and beverages and let yourself be seduced by the beautiful scenery that glides by and changes from the lush agricultural landscape to the high mountains.
Let yourself slip into the bubble of historic luxury at Dalen Hotel. Here you will be served world class food and service. After dinner you can enjoy the soft classical tunes from a live pianist in front of the fireplace, while you wait for the storytelling.
The second day at Dalen Hotel should be spent exploring the many things to see and do in Dalen. Why don’t you book yourself into the world-famous sauna “Soria Moria”, hike the Lårdalsstigen or, perhaps, just enjoy a calm Afternoon Tea in the hotel garden.
- Kl. 13:05 departure with MS Henrik Ibsen from Lunde locks.
- Meals on board: Lunch is included in the package.
- Kl. 18:00 arrival at Lastein pier in Dalen.
- From the pier to Dalen Hotel you can either take the hotel bus or take a walk while you send your luggage with the bus.
- Accommodation at the Dalen Hotel with a glass of aperitif and 3-course dinner and storytelling.
- Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel.
- We recommend a visit to West Telemark Museum and go for a walk from the museum to Rui-farm.
- In the evening a 3-course dinner will be served in the hotel restaurant. After dinner, coffee is served in front of the fireplace or in the hall listening to classical tunes.
- Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel.
- We recommend a several of our hikes, or what about a trip the local Sauna Soria Moria *very popular, we recommend booking well in advance of your stay.
- Back at the hotel you may enjoy Afternoon Tea (12.00 – 15.00. Not included. Pre-booking and payment must be handled directly at the hotel)
- In the evening a 3-course dinner will be served in the hotel restaurant. After dinner, coffee is served in front of the fireplace or in Hallen listening to classical tunes.
- Kl. 08:30 departure with MS Henrik Ibsen from Lastein pier in Dalen.
- Meals on board: Breakfast is included in the package.
- Kl. 13:10 arrival and disembarking at Lunde locks.
Practical information on board:
Your car can be parked at the parking lot about 200 meters from Lunde locks free of charge.
Meals on board:
There is a restaurant on board. Included in this package you will be served a 2-course lunch on your way from Lunde to Dalen, and breakfast on the return from Dalen to Lunde. Seating time to be agreed directly with the restaurant staff once you have boarded. You can also order food directly at the boat from their menu. It is not possible to book a table for the entire journey.
We ask all our passengers to follow the general infection prevention advice that is applicable in Norway. There are several hand sanitations stations on the boats.
Practical information at Dalen Hotel:
The hotel reserves the right to determine and/or adjust the seating time to guarantee the best experience for all hotel guests.
In the evening, the restaurant has a smart casual dress code. It is possible to borrow a suit jacket at the hotel.
Booking and payment:
The rate for this package can vary when it comes to your choice of date and room type. Please select date of choice to see the package rate.
4. September - 9. October (arrival tuesday & thursday)
Due to high demand, we recommend that you order in advance. Do not wait until the day before.
PS! These are rates for online bookings. Fee for bookings made over phone or email is NOK 80,- per person.
All reservations must be paid in full when booking.